helps people win back their lives
Northville Sex Crimes Lawyer
If you have been falsely accused of a sex crime by someone in your community or personal life, you should contact an experienced Northville sex crimes lawyer at once. Sex crime allegations are not to be taken lightly, and if you are convicted, you can lose not only your freedom but everything you have worked so hard for in life.
Skilled defense lawyers understand that you may be frightened, angry, and confused by such charges, but they are here to help you clear your name and get your life back. Contact today to learn more about sex crimes and how you can protect your rights.Types of Sex Crimes
There are many different types of sex crimes, but they are all serious in nature and can have major repercussions for anyone convicted. This means that to fight false sex crime charges, an individual will more than likely need the legal guidance of an experienced Northville sex crimes lawyer if they are accused of any of the following offenses.
- Sexual harassment entails making unwanted sexual comments to another person
- Sexual assault is when a person coerces or forces another person to have sexual contact against their will. It does not include full intercourse
- Sexual battery is when a person has sexual contact with a person who cannot legally give consent, such as a mentally ill or disabled individual
- Rape is when a person forces another person to have intercourse against their will
- Statutory rape is when a person has sexual contact with a person who is at least 13 years old but less than 16 years old
- Child molestation is when a person has sexual contact with a person under the age of 13
Individuals who have been accused of the crimes listed above can face years behind bars if convicted.Understanding the Reasons Behind False Allegations
Being falsely accused of a sex crime is traumatizing, and accused individuals often wonder why someone would accuse them of such a despicable act. Many people view making a false accusation as a way to take revenge against a person or organization.
Stakes are also higher when children are involved in the accusations, but unfortunately, they can easily be manipulated to make false statements. Individuals often make false allegations (or encourage others to) for the following reasons:
- To punish a parent, teacher, or other adult authority figure
- To humiliate the other person publicly
- For blackmail purposes of financial gain
- To destroy the reputation of someone else
- To win a custody battle
Although false, sex crime allegations are serious, and anyone accused should immediately contact a Northville sex crimes lawyer.Potential Legal and Social Consequences of a Conviction
Without the aid of a Northville sex crimes lawyer, individuals may have difficulty defending themselves against the accusations.
If a person is found guilty, they can receive a variety of legal penalties from the court including imprisonment, loss of voting privileges, loss of professional licensure, and even forced registration as a sex offender. Socially, individuals found guilty of sex crimes will also have to contend with a permanently destroyed reputation within their own community.Contact a Northville Sex Crimes Attorney
No one should have to face false sex crime allegations alone. If you or someone you know has been accused, please contact a Northville sex crimes lawyer. Northville lawyers have extensive experience handling these types of cases, and they promise to handle yours with compassion. Contact today to discuss the details of your situation.