helps people win back their lives
Who We Are
In 1999 the Barone Defense Firm began exclusively representing people arrested for alcohol and drug related driving offenses. Since this time our mission has been to focus our collective skill set on just one thing - helping our clients win back their lives.
While the other top DUI defense Firms in Michigan concentrate only on finding legal or scientific defenses to their client's cases, we combine our more than 100 years of collective experience on a more holistic approach; we help our clients address their legal as well as their broader life issues.
After more than a decade of legal experience, the Barone Defense Firm was founded by Patrick T. Barone in 1999. Prior to 1999 Mr. Barone held various positions in the legal field, and soon realized that law was a lot like medicine - lots of highly trained individuals who seemed unwilling or incapable of remembering they were helping real people with real problems.
Since that time Mr. Barone and the Barone Defense Firm have represented 1000s of people arrested for drunk or drugged driving. During this time the Barone Defense Firm realized that in addition to the legal problem that first brought our clients to the Firm, our clients often have broader life issues that contributed to or even caused out client's legal predicaments.
Sometimes these broader life issues included alcohol or drug abuse. Just as often the drunk driving arrest was bought about by something else, such as a divorce, loss of a job, death of a family member or other significant life issue. Or, sometimes there was an undiagnosed underlying mental health issue.
Helping the client recognize, and then find the resources to solve these life and legal issues became the mission of the Barone Defense Firm. And our mission has led to some remarkable results. Here is what a few prior clients have said about Patrick Barone and the Barone Defense Firm:
- His team was great to work with. They helped me to change my life for the better.
- Just a quick thank you for all the work you have done on my case. I know I still have another hurdle or two but I am breathing a little easier now. The way you took charge on Tuesday and was able to get me the great plea deal was fantastic. You truly know the law and I can tell that you are highly respected amongst your peers.
- I interact with lots of lawyers and I don't often walk away truly impressed. You impressed me. More importantly, you gently yet firmly reinforced my need to focus on my recovery. Thank you for that. You said when we first met that if I could find sobriety, my life would be better in ways I couldn't even imagine. A lot of people I knew a lot better than you said a lot of things to me over the past 3 months, but for whatever reason, your statement has really stuck with me and been an encouragement. And, it's been true.
- Because of Patrick's successful defense I was able to focus on my recovery/sobriety without the stress and weight of legal punishment hanging over me.
- If you are looking for someone who will go the extra lengths to make your life easier and help you through a difficult time, this is the Attorney. I have been through rough times myself and he has made my life so much easier due to the fact he put his heart and soul into my case!!
- Pat uses one-on-one interviews to hear your story both personally and legally. I was in huge denial regarding my drinking. Pat with his deep expertise in both law and as well as being a pretty decent armchair therapist, gently suggested I at least go to one AA meeting and see how they operate. That was not part of his legal strategy, but something he saw that needed to be addressed.
At the Barone Defense Firm the entire staff has the knowledge, training and expertise necessary to achieve these remarkable results for our clients. If you would like to be part of the Barone Defense Firm's mission because you want to be part of a team and more than that a culture focused on truly helping people solve their legal and broader life issues, then the Barone Defense Firm might just be the right place for you!