The Barone Defense Firm is pleased to announce that Patrick Barone has authored a chapter in the soon to be published 2016-2017 edition of “Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases.” The title of Mr. Barone’s chapter is “Developing Essential Trial Skills for Defending DUI Cases.’ This new book from Aspatore’s “Inside the Minds” series will be available for purchase within the next few weeks.
Aspatore books is a division of Thomson Reuters publishing, one of the Nation’s largest publishers of law books. According to the publisher, the “Inside the Minds” series brings together leading executives and lawyers from around the world. Relative to law, the Inside the Minds series has published chapters written by the Chairs and/or Managing Partners from over 75% of the Nation’s top 200 law firms.
Mr. Barone’ Chapter includes the following sections:
- Using Evidence collected from Search and Seizure in DUI Cases
- Recently Developments in DUI Discovery and Investigation: Mouth Swab Testing
- DRE Officer Training Issues
- Birchfield vs. North Dakota and Other DUI Case Law Involving Search and Seizure Issues
- Impacts of Drugged Driving Investigation Trends on Defense Strategies
- The Three Phases of an Intoxicated Driving Investigation
- Obtaining/Evaluating the Officer’s Report Observations and Other Evidence
- Mistakes Made by Law Enforcement When Investigating DUI Cases
- Leveraging Law Enforcement Mistakes During Trial or Pre-Trial Hearings
- Using Forth Amendment Protections in DUI Search and Seizure Cases
- Discrediting Law Enforcement’s Testimony Without Alienating the Jury
- Finding the Right Experts for the Defense in DUI Cases
- New Types of Forensic Testing Procedures for Apprehending DUI Offenders
- Keeping Unreliable Evidence Out of Court
Mr. Barone has also published chapters in the following Aspatore books:
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings, 2015 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Understanding the Role of Witnesses in DUI Cases (Inside the Minds); Chapter One: Best Practices for the Preparation and Presentation of Defense Witnesses, and Cross-Examination of Prosecution Witnesses, Aspatore Books, 2015.
- Defending DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases, 2014 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Understanding DUI Cases, Developing a Thorough Defense, and Negotiating Settlements (Inside the Minds series); Chapter Three: Navigating the Waters of DUI Vehicular Homicide Law, Aspatore Books, 2014.
- Defending DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases, 2012 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Understanding DUI Cases, Developing a Thorough Defense, and Negotiating Settlements (Inside the Minds series); Chapter Seven: Successfully Dealing with the Most Difficult Aspects of a DUI Homicide Case, Aspatore Books, 2012.
Lawyers wishing to purchase this new resource, or any of the other books may do so via Amazon, or directly from the publisher.